Wood molding fragment from the steamboat "Lexington"
Overall: 7/8 x 2 3/4 x 1 7/8 in. ( 2.2 x 7 x 4.8 cm )
Wood fragment with tongue and groove and black and white paint on one side.
According to the accession records, this fragment came from the steamboat "Lexington" ex "Washington." The ship was built for the Colonial Line in 1891 and lost on January 2, 1935.
The George W. Murdock Collection of Steamboat Artifacts
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.