Wine glass fragment
Overall: 2 7/8 x 2 1/2 in. ( 7.3 x 6.4 cm )
handwritten: foot: "British camp/Prescott Ave."
Colorless glass foot with partial stem.
This fragment was excavated by the Field Exploration Committee at a military camp on the Colonial Dyckman farm, at 204th Street between Seaman and Payson Avenues in Washington Heights, Manhattan. Built after the surrender of Fort Washington by American forces on November 16, 1776, the camp was occupied by British and Hessian troops until evacuation in 1783.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.