Overall: 3 3/4 x 7/8 x 1/8 in. ( 9.5 x 2.2 x 0.3 cm )
Handles with ribbed exterior.
This handle was excavated by the Field Exploration Committee from a refuse deposit near a military camp and fort at Richmond, Staten Island. Built after the arrival of British forces under General William Howe in July, 1776, the fort was occupied by British and Hessian troops until evacuation in 1783. The handle may have been part of a spoon or fork.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.