Overall: 5 3/4 x 4 1/2 in. ( 14.6 x 11.4 cm )
Colorless lead glass tumbler blown in a three-part mold of pressed geometric design (McKearin GII-18); tapered form with a band of vertical ribs over a band of diamond diapering over a band of vertical ribs; base molded with band of diamonds (Diamond Type XII) around blank central panel with pontil.
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.