Trinity Church, Broadway, New York City
Gray ink and wash and graphite on paper laid on card
Overall: 10 1/4 x 13 3/4 in. ( 26 x 34.9 cm )
Card inscribed below image in graphite: "B'way, West Side N. Across Rector, Thomas, and Cedar Sts"
A crude rerendering by an unidentified artist of an original watercolor taken by Holland and owned by Trinity Corportation, New York City. The building in the right foreground stands at the northeast corner of Broadway and Wall Street. Trinity Church depicted was erected in 1788-90 to replace the structure destroyed by fire in 1776.
Gift of Mrs. Susie Cruikshank Snyder
Edwin Allen Cruikshank
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.