The Tombstone of William (1663-1752) and Elizabeth (1663-1731) Bradford, Trinity Churchyard, New York City
Brown ink and wash, graphite, and watercolor on paper
Overall: 21 7/8 x 17 in. ( 55.6 x 43.2 cm )
signature and date: lower left: "Hosier,/ 63"
Signed and inscribed at lower left in brown ink: "Hosier. /63"
This is a rendition of the original tombstone of William Bradford (1663-1752), a New York printer, as it appeared in Trinity Churchyard, New York City, prior to being replaced with a new stone of Italian marble, which was dedicated in 1863. The original stone was presented by the Corporation of Trinity Chruch to The New-York Historical Society.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.