1/8 x 7/8 in. diameter
A dark blue circular tin plug tobacco tag with the letters "B L" cut out from the center encircled by the words in white "Buchanan & Lyall/ Pat. June 12, 1877", with two spikes for mounting on the tobacco. Used between 1870 and 1930 to identify brands of plug tobacco at the point of sale, tobacco tags were treasured collectibles redeemed for premiums.
Gift of Bella C. Landauer
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.