Overall: 5 1/8 x 5 1/8 x 1/4 in. ( 13 x 13 x 0.6 cm )
Tin-glazed earthenware tile with blue and white decoration; buff-colored body with grayish-white glaze with pin-pricks at lower left and upper right; vase with three stylized flowers in circular frame with chinoiserie lattice corner motifs.
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman, 1937
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.