Overall: 4 1/4 x 6 x 1/2 in. ( 10.8 x 15.2 x 1.3 cm )
Encaustic tile with red body and cream and black slip creating a stylized dart-and-tongue design.
This tile was orignially installed in the club house of the American Jockey Club located in Jerome Park, Kingsbridge in the northwestern Bronx. The club house was built in 1866 and demolished in 1898.
Gift of George W. Nash
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.