closed: 20 3/4 x 2 5/8 in. ( 52.7 x 6.7 cm )
engraved: on side of inner cylinder: "B. Wood / Liverpool"
Hand-held telescope with brass casing.
According to the accession records, this telescope once belonged to Captain Watson Ferris (1804-1853), great-uncle of the donors. Ferris served as captain of the "Liverpool," the "Westchester," and the "St. George."
Gift of Miss Anna Gertrude Ferris, Miss Katherine Livingstone Ferris, and Mr. Gilbert Bishop Ferris
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.