1826 - 1828
each overall: 6 x 1 1/8 x 3/4 in. ( 15.2 x 2.9 x 1.9 cm )
engraved: on the handle: "B" in foliate script stamped: on the undersides of the stems: "PB&C" in a rectangle
Three silver teaspoons with downturned double-swell fiddle handles with shell, scroll, and foliate decoration around the engraved initial, "B" in script; flared shoulders and pointed oval bowls with shell decoration; makers' marks stamped on the undersides of the handles.
These spoons were made by the partnership of D.C. Cooke, John Bennett, and Maltby Pelletreau. A pair of sugar tongs by the same firm is at the Winterthur Museum.
Gift of Townsend Lawrence
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.