Overall: 10 1/2 x 12 x 6 7/8 in. ( 26.7 x 30.5 x 17.5 cm )
engraved: in front reserve: "C" Mark: stamped on base: "MARQUAND" in a banner "& CO" in rectangle over "NEW-YORK" in a banner
Wrought silver teapot; inverted pear-shaped body on a round splayed foot, joined to the body by a round pedestal with an applied die-rolled heart and shell band; flared rim with an applied, die-rolled heart and shell band; hinged, domed lid with cast asymmetrical flower finial; cast, scrolled handle partially covered with acanthus leaves and flowers; ivory insulators; cast, curved spout with a notched lip and all over foliate engraving; all over repoussé and chased scrolls, plants and flowers with cartouches around the front and rear reserves; "C" engraved in script in the front reserve; makers' marks on the base.
Belonged to Mrs. John Cryder (Mary Wright Wetmore, 1804-1874), grandmother of the donor.
Gift of Henry Chauncey Cryder
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.