Overall: 27 3/4 x 28 1/2 in. ( 70.5 x 72.4 cm )
Mahogany Chippendale tea table; circular tilt top with carved piecrust edge; tripod pedestal base consisting of spiral-turned pillar upon a spiral-turned urn, the whole supported on rounded, serpentine legs with knees carved with wheat-sheaf motif and plain, oval pad feet.
According to the donor, this table once belonged to Major General Philip Schuyler (1733-1804), who resided at his mansion, "The Pastures," in Albany. Schulyer was the son of Cornelia Van Cortlandt and a descendant of Philip Pieterse Schuyler, who came to New Netherland in 1650.
Bequest of William Gedney Beatty
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.