Overall: 2 x 3 1/2 in. ( 5.1 x 8.9 cm )
Porcelain tea bowl with shaped rims; decorated on interior rim with underglaze blue border of butterflies and diaper and gilt details; exterior rim has gilt wave pattern; exterior of bowl has a polychrome enamel shield with a floral surrounding and iron red and gilt initials in the center, opposite the shield is a floral spray.
This tea service was owned by Ann (Rapelje) Duyckinck (1733-1789), who married Gerards Duyckinck in 1752. According to the donor, the set was acquired at the time of their wedding; however, it was probably made about thirty-five years later, when such porcelain became available on the American market.
Gift of Mrs. Fanny F. Clark
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.