Study of Two Dogs; Palatine Church, Palatine, New York
Graphite; graphite and brown and gray wash on paper
Overall: 7 1/4 x 13 in. ( 18.4 x 33 cm ) mat: 14 1/4 x 19 in. ( 36.2 x 48.3 cm )
inscription: lower left, ink: "Punch and Volero" inscription: lower center, ink: "Palatine Jully 1808" inscription: lower right, graphite: "q"
Inscribed at lower left below first image in brown ink: "Puck and Volero"; outside right image: "Palatine Jully[sic] 1808."
At the right stands the Palatine Church, built in 1770 and one of the landmarks of the Mohawk Valley.
De Neuville family, France; E. De Vries, Paris, 1928; Columbia University Press Book Store, NYC, 1929; Old Print Shop, NYC, 1953
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.