Update

Visitors ages 12 and older are required to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Learn more >

Stoneware fragments (6)

Object Number: 
INV.5924.688a-f
Date: 
1760-1783
Medium: 
Stoneware
Dimensions: 
largest: 3 x 3 5/8 in. ( 7.6 x 9.2 cm )
Description: 
Stoneware fragments; two brown rims, two bodies two base; raised lines across body exteriors.
Gallery Label: 
These fragments were excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others at a military camp on the Colonial Dyckman farm, at 204th Street between Seaman and Payson Avenues in Washington Heights, Manhattan. Built after the American surrender of Fort Washington on November 16, 1776, the camp was occupied by British and Hessian troops until evacuation in 1783.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group