Stoneware fragments (2)
Overall: 3 3/4 x 4 1/2 in. ( 9.5 x 11.4 cm )
Stoneware fragments; red-bodied body and base fragment with sprigged designs.
These fragments were excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others at a military camp on the Colonial Dyckman farm, at 204th Street between Seaman and Payson Avenues in Washington Heights, Manhattan. Built after the American surrender of Fort Washington on November 16, 1776, the camp was occupied by British and Hessian troops until evacuation in 1783.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.