Stoneware fragment excavated at West Point; white salt-glazed with scratch-blue decoration.
This fragment was excavated by the Field Exploration Committee from the refuse pit of the Revolutionary War barracks at West Point, a series of barracks and forts built in Orange County, New York by the Continental Army in 1777. West Point was built to establish control of the Hudson River.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Museum & Library Map
Floor plan & visitor information
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024