Stoneware fragment excavated at a British Revolutionary War camp
Overall: 1 1/2 x 1 1/8 x 3/8 in. ( 3.8 x 2.9 x 1 cm )
Stoneware fragment excavated at the British military camp on the Dyckman farm in Washington Heights, Manhattan; gray salt-glazed with brown slip on interior.
This fragment was excavated on October 6, 1936 by the Field Exploration Committee at the British camp on the Dyckman farm, at Payson Avenue and Beak Street in Washington Heights. It was owned by soldiers, by a member of a soldier's family or another civilian living in the camp, or was obtained from local residents.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.