Spoon handle excavated at a British Revolutionary War camp
Overall: 3 1/4 x 3/4 x 1/8 in. ( 8.3 x 1.9 x 0.3 cm )
stamped: (70), bottom of handle: "X..." (there is a symbol or letter above the X)
Pewter spoon handle excavated at the British military camp on the Dyckman farm in Washington Heights, Manhattan; tapered handle; inscribed on bottom.
This spoon handle was excavated by Reginald P. Bolton, William L. Calver, and others prior to the formation of the Field Exploration Committee in 1918, at the British camp on the Dyckman farm, between Seaman and Payson Avenues and 204th and Academy Streets in Washington Heights.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.