Spoon bowls (2) excavated at a Revolutionary War military camp
largest: 3 7/8 x 1 1/8 in. ( 9.8 x 2.9 cm )
Pewter spoon bowls; oval-shaped.
These spoons were excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others at a military camp that extended west of Broadway, between 168th and 171st Streets. Built after the surrender of Fort Washington by American forces on November 16, 1776, the camp was occupied by British and Hessian troops until evacuation in 1783.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.