Spike excavated at a British Revolutionary War camp
Overall: 4 1/8 x 3/8 x 1/4 in. ( 10.5 x 1 x 0.6 cm )
Copper spike excavated at the British military camp on the Dyckman farm in Washington Heights, Manhattan; engraved with arrow.
This spike was excavated by Reginald Pelham Bolton, William L. Calver, and others before or after the formation of the Field Exploration Committee in 1918, at the British camp on the Dyckman farm, between Seaman and Payson Avenues, and at 204th St. in Washington Heights. The arrow mark indicates British Government ownership.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.