Overall: 1 1/2 x 5 x 1 in. ( 3.8 x 12.7 x 2.5 cm )
stamped: on inside of right temple: "J L MOORE"
Gold spectacles with rectangular lenses joined by a crank bridge; temples with small loops at ends; jeweler's mark on one temple.
These spectacles were owned by Mrs. James (Eliza Bancker) Dunlap (1791-1858), and she is depicted wearing them in a portrait at the Historical Society (1946.159).
Gift of Mrs. Walter Emery
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.