Spearhead w/exhibiion label and tag
Overall: 16 3/4 x 1 1/8 in. ( 42.5 x 2.9 cm )
Iron pike point; fluted-faced, triangular blade with beak point connected to conical collar with flat arm at bottom.
This pike point was excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others from a military camp at Fort George, between Audobon and Eleventh Avenues and 190th and 194th Streets in Washington Heights, Manhattan. Built after the American surrender of Fort Washington on November 16, 1776, the fort and the adjoining camp below it were occupied by British and Hessian troops until evacuation in 1783.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.