Overall: 1 3/4 x 9 3/4 in. ( 4.4 x 24.8 cm )
Molded edge soup plate with deep cavetto decorated with blue enamel and gilding; border decoration consists of a thick blue enamel band with gold stars, and gold spearhead border; interior decoration consists of blue and gold floral swags; shield at center with a star border, inscribed initials, and ribbons and leafy swag above.
This dish, part of a fifty-four-piece dinner service, was owned by New York statesman and merchant James Watson, Jr. (1750-1806) and his wife Mary Talcott (1752-1806).commissioned by James M. Watson (1750-1806), a New York City businessman.
Gift of Mrs. Kenneth McNeil
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.