Sleeve-link excavated at West Point
Overall: 5/8 x 1/2 in. ( 1.6 x 1.3 cm )
Pewter sleeve-link excavated at West Point; oval-shaped with embossed design in center.
This sleeve-link was excavated in 1924 by the Field Exploration Committee from the refuse pit of the Revolutionary War barracks at West Point, a series of barracks and forts built in Orange County, New York by the Continental Army in 1777. West Point was built to establish control of the Hudson River. Decorated accessories such as sleeve-links were usually worn by officers.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.