Sleeve-link excavated at West Point
Overall: 5/8 x 3/8 in. ( 1.6 x 1 cm )
Sleeve-link excavated at West Point; two flat ovals with floral dcsign on front and loops attached to back; connected by oval fastener.
This sleeve-link was excavated by the Field Exploration Committee from a refuse dump near the nineteenth-century barracks at West Point, a series of forts and barracks in Orange County, New York built by the Continental Army in 1777. Decorated accesories such as sleeve-links usually were worn by officers.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.