Sleeve-link excavated at Fort George
Overall: 5/8 x 3/8 in. ( 1.6 x 1 cm )
Bronze sleeve-link; flat and oval-shaped; floral design in center enclosed by oval border, flower petals on edge of border; looped fastener on back.
This sleeve-link was excavated by the Field Exploration Committee at Fort George, a British fort at Niagara-on-the-Lake on the Niagara River in Ontario, Canada. Built in 1795, the fort was captured by American forces on May 27, 1813, and occupied by them until December. The sleeve-link was worn by a British officer.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.