Sleeve link excavated at Fort Crown Point
Ceramic, bone, brass
Overall: 1 x 1/2 in. ( 2.5 x 1.3 cm )
Ceramic sleeve link excavated at Fort Crown Point, a fort at Lake Champlain in New York; two disks connected by an oval brass link; porcelain faces with painted blue floral decoration and bone backs.
This sleeve link was excavated by the Field Exploration Committee on June 1st, 1935 at Fort Crown Point, at Lake Champlain in New York. Built by the French and called Fort St. Frederic, the fort was destroyed in 1759 in anticipation of its capture by General Amherst. Rebuilt as Crown Point, the fort was captured on May 11, 1775 by the Green Mountain Boys, and recaptured in June, 1777 by General Burgoyne. The sleeve link probably belonged to a French or British officer.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.