Shear excavated at a Revolutionary War military camp
Overall: 4 7/8 x 3 1/4 in. ( 12.4 x 8.3 cm )
This shear was excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others at 168th Street, within the area of a military camp that extended west of Broadway between 168th and 171st Streets. The shears were possibly used by a tailor to mend officers' clothing.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.