Overall: 1 7/8 x 14 1/2 x 12 in. ( 4.8 x 36.8 x 30.5 cm )
inscribed: on shield in gold and rust: "LP"
Oval porcelain serving plate with blue enamel border into gold stars around rim and gold and rusk band entwined by polychrome floral ivy; around the cavetto is a rust and gold husk band; the shield at the center has a husk and floral surround and initials at center.
This set was made for Lewis Pintard (1732-1818), the uncle of the Historical Society's founder, John Pintard. Lewis Pintard was a merchant and a commissioner of prisoners. The plates passed to Martha "Patty" Pintard and by succession to Mary Stevens Baird.
Gift of the Estate of Mary Stevens Baird
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.