Section of wooden water pipe used in New York City
Overall: 35 x 10 in. ( 88.9 x 25.4 cm )
Section of wooden water pipe from Washington Street; cylindrical pipe with hole bored through center.
This pipe was dug ca. 1895 by workmen excavating in the vicinity of Washington Street, near Rector Street. A truckman, Thomas E. Haring, took it to his farm at Westwood, New Jersey. The donor received the pipe from his son, Charles E. Haring.
Gift of Mr. David L. Osborn
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.