Overall: 1 x 5 in. ( 2.5 x 12.7 cm )
Earthenware saucer; creamware with overglazed red, brown, and green floral design; broken in half.
This saucer was excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others from the fireplace of a military hut at Fort Washington Avenue and 181st Street. The hut was probably built sometime after the surrender of Fort Washington on November 16, 1776, and was occupied by troops who were part of the British and Hessian garrisons of the fort.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.