Silver, turquoise, glass paste
Overall: 1/2 x 7/8 in. ( 1.3 x 2.2 cm )
Lozenge-shaped cluster ring belonging to Frances Pillow; in silver set with 1 oval turquoise, and 4 purple and 4 colorless faceted glass pastes; shank is split at shoulder to hold mounting.
Ring has a tag attached with names of Frances Pillow (1798-1854), Mrs. H. Pilcher & Ms. Cox. Frances Pillow married Henry Pilcher in Canterbury, England in 1822. Their daughter Eliza became Mrs. John Vaché Cox in 1844.
Gift of Isabella Vaché Cox
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.