Richmond, Staten Island, New York
Watercolor and black ink over graphite on paper inlaid into another sheet
Overall: 3 3/4 x 6 1/2 in. ( 9.5 x 16.5 cm ) mat: 11 x 14 in. ( 27.9 x 35.6 cm )
Inscribed at lower center outside image in black ink: "RICHMOND."
In this view of the village and county seat from Latourette Hill are the third Richmond County Court House, built in 1837, and, at the right, St. Andrew's Protestant Episcopal church, built in 1709-12 and enlarged in 1743, 1770, and 1807. It was destroyed by fire in 1867.
Gift of Samuel Verplanck Hoffman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.