Relics from the "Niagara" in wooden frame (Souvenirs from battle of Lake Erie)
Wood, fiber, metal
Overall: 36 x 26 x 6 in. ( 91.4 x 66 x 15.2 cm )
Five relics from the "Niagara," including a mainstay, an eye bolt, a block and tackle, a dead eye, and a stanchion, removed from the vessel when she was raised from the bottom of Lake Erie in 1913.
These relics were removed from the U.S. Brig "Niagara" when she was raised from the bottom of Lake Erie in 1913. Oliver Hazard Perry commanded the "Niagara" to victory over the British during the Battle of Lake Erie on September 10, 1813.
Gift of Richard C. McKay
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.