Razor blades (5) excavated at a British Revolutionary War camp
largest: 5 5/8 x 3/4 x 1/8 in. ( 14.3 x 1.9 x 0.3 cm )
Iron razor blades excavated at the British military camp on the Dyckman farm in Washington Heights, Manhattan; single-edged.
These razors were found by William L. Calver prior to the formation of the Field Exploration Committee in 1918, at the British camp on the Dyckman farm, between Seaman and Payson Avenues and 204th and Academy Streets in Washington Heights.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.