Pothook excavated at a British Revolutionary War camp
Overall: 10 x 6 1/2 in. ( 25.4 x 16.5 cm )
Iron pothook excavated at the British military camp on the Dyckman farm in Washington Heights, Manhattan; two large, flat strips of iron that have been nailed together and bent in half.
This pothook was excavated on September 8, 1918 by the Field Exploration Committee at the British camp on the Dyckman farm, which extended between Seaman and Payson Avenues and 204th Street in Washington Heights. British soldiers made the hook by bending iron barrel hoops, and then hung the hook from the wall of their hut.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.