Journael Gehouden opt’ schip den gulden Bever en tschip den gulden Otter van de Manathans naer Patria Ende Wedrom naer de Manathans (Journal kept aboard the Ship the Golden Beaver and the Ship the Golden Otter from the Manhattans to Patria and the return)
October 1660- June 1663
Ink on paper
SUPPORT THE NEW-YORK HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Help us present groundbreaking exhibitions and develop educational programs about our nation's history for more than 200,000 schoolchildren annually.
Porcelain rim/body fragments with underglazed blue design with tree in center, and diaper design on rim.
These fragments were excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others from a refuse deposit near military barracks that extended along Bennett Avenue between 181st and 182nd Streets. Built after the surrender of Fort Washington by American forces on November 16, 1776, the barracks were occupied by the British and Hessian garrisons of the fort until evacuation in 1783.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Museum & Library Map
Floor plan & visitor information
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024