Overall: 3/4 x 6 1/4 in. ( 1.9 x 15.9 cm )
transfer-printed: in blue on underside of plate: "Church in the/CITY OF/New York" printed: on adhesive label on underside of plate: "3" [collector's label] typed: on jelly label on underside of plate: "Sold at auction in 1936 for $190.00 very rare." ty
Molded pearlware plate with dark blue transfer print; floral border and central image of street scene with church (Third Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church).
Designed by John McComb, the Third Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church was built in 1812 opposite Columbia College on Murray Street. The church's popular pastor, Dr. John Mason, was a founder of the New-York Historical Society.
Gift of Dr. Arthur H. Merritt
The Dr. Arthur H. Merritt Collection of Anglo-American Historical Staffordshire
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.