Overall: 3/4 x 7 1/8 in. ( 1.9 x 18.1 cm )
printed: in blue on underside of plate: "NEW-YORK/BATTERY" in cartouche
Molded pearlware plate with dark blue transfer print of "New York, Battery"; leaf border and central image showing the Battery with Flagstaff pavilion at left.
Built on the Battery in 1809, Flagstaff Pavilion was an outdoor summer amusement center where people gathered to hear music and purchase refreshments.
Gift of Mrs. J. Insley Blair
G. Kellogg Coll.; W.R. Hearst Coll.; purchased by Mrs. J. Insley Blair from W.R. Hearst Coll., Parke, Bernet #34, Nov. 1938 ($55).
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.