Overall: 9 3/8 x 8 1/2 x 7 1/2 in. ( 23.8 x 21.6 x 19 cm )
Wheelthrown redware pitcher, bulbous with applied grooved strap handle with flared neck and small spout; collared with an applied scalloped band in high relief with incised bands at regular intervals on shoulder; lead glaze down to one inch of base; with unglazed foot.
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.