Pitcher

Object Number: 
1974.51
Date: 
ca. 1902
Medium: 
Stoneware, cobalt oxide
Dimensions: 
Overall: 8 1/2 x 8 x 6 in. ( 21.6 x 20.3 x 15.2 cm )
Marks: 
printed: on base: "THE ROBINSON CLAY PRODUCT CO./AKRON/OHIO"
Description: 
Molded salt-glazed stoneware pitcher with relief image of the Flatiron Building on one side and a lady (a embossed Gibson girl) walking in the wind on the other; all raised elements are colored with cobalt.
Gallery Label: 
According to accession records, this pitcher was presented to Albert W. Shlesinger, the donor's father, at the opening of the Flatiron Building in 1902. The Robinson Clay Product Co. of New York, manufactuers of "stoneware, sewer pipe, and fire brick", housed its executive office in the Flat Iron Building, Broadway and 23rd Street, New York, NY.
Credit Line: 
Gift of Mr. Robert S. Shlesinger
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group