Overall: 8 x 8 x 5 in. ( 20.3 x 20.3 x 12.7 cm )
Colorless, lead glass pitcher blown in a three-part mold of geometric design (McKearin GV-12); barrel-shaped body with sloping shoulders, wide neck, and flared rim pulled out to form spout; body molded with vertical comet- or peacock feather-like motifs on body and scales on shoulders; applied handle with curled end; base molded with starburst (McKearin Diamond Type III) and pontil mark.
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.