This object was owned by (Tillie) Marion Metz Greene (1908-1985), acquired during the 1930s and 1940s. Born in Manhattan, Greene was a New York City housewife who raised her family in Queens during the 1930s through the 1950s. Greene was born in New York, the child of Russian immigrant parents. Prior to her marriage, she attended classes at City College of New York and worked as a dental assistant until she married Leo A. Greene (1908-1954) in 1930. The couple settled in Flushing, New York, and were active in the Jewish community there.