Pair of ale glasses
Overall: 4 7/8 × 2 1/8 in. (12.4 × 5.4 cm)
Colorless, lead glass. Ale glass, blown and pattern molded; conical bowl with wrythen ribbing; short stem with twisted knop; disk foot; pontil mark
These ale glasses were deaccessioned from the Billiou-Stillwell-Perine House in Staten Island, built in 1665 and now owned by Historic Richmondtown. They were presumably used by members of the Perine family, who occupied the house from 1758 until 1913.
Gift of Ivan C. and Marilynn Gelfman Karp
Billiou-Stillwell-Perine House, Staten Island; antiques dealer Virginia Sloan; collector Marilynn Karp.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.