Oyster shells (2)
largest: 7 x 5 in. ( 17.8 x 12.7 cm )
These shells were excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others at the Colonial Kortright house, located near 147th Street and the Hudson River. American fortifications were erected near the Kortright House during the Battle of Harlem Heights in 1776.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.