Old Stone Fort, Schoharie, N.Y.

Object Number: 
ca. 1899-1903
Pen and ink
Overall: 11 1/4 x 14 1/4 in. ( 28.6 x 36.2 cm ) mat: 14 1/4 x 19 1/4 in. ( 36.2 x 48.9 cm )
inscription: verso, stamped: "W.L. Hudson/Studio/70 Fifth Ave./N.Y."
Gallery Label: 
This two-story stone structure, erected in 1772 as a Dutch Reformed church, was stockaded during the American Revolution to help defended the valley against British raids, during which time it was known as the Lower Fort. It is now a museum. This sketch was drawn for publication.
Credit Line: 
Gift of Emil Herman Sauer
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group