Old Beech House, New York City
Watercolor, black ink, gouache, and graphite on paper
Overall: 10 1/2 x 9 1/4 in. ( 26.7 x 23.5 cm ) mat: 14 x 10 in. ( 35.6 x 25.4 cm )
signature and date: lower right: "L. Oram, 98" inscription: center: "Old Beech House"
Signed and inscribed and signed at lower right inside image in black ink: "L. ORAM. 98."; at lower center outside image: "THE OLD BEECH HOUSE."; along lower left edge outside image in graphite: "Cor of Cedar and Greenwich st in 1879 torn down 1878"
This building stood at the northeast corner of Greenwich and Cedar streets, New York. A pencil note at the bottom states that the building, which was demolished in 1878, appears as it did in 1870.
Gift of Daniel Parish, Jr.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.