Oil lamps (pair)
overall: 12 1/2 x 4 1/45 x 1/4 in.
Pair of opaque blue and white pressed lead glass oil lamps; opaque light blue font with domed top and hexagonal ogee-shaped body molded with acanthus leaves on short beaded pedestal joined by wafer to opaque white base with baluster stem molded with acanthus leaves on a square, two-step plinth; brass threaded collar and pontil mark.
The dome of the font was formed with the Magoun patent method. Developed by Joseph Magoun of the New England Works in 1847, eliminated mold marks by using a hinged, three-part mold to form the body of the font and a one-piece cylindrical mold to form a cylinder that was then tooled to form the dome.
Bequest of Mrs. F. MacDonald Sinclair (Jennie H. Sinclair)
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.